Last Update: June 6, 2011
By using our website, you are accepting the practices we describe here.
If you have any questions, please click here for information on how to contact us.
Fans First Coalition complies with the privacy laws and regulations of the United States of America. Fans First Coalition makes no representation that this Site is governed by or operated in accordance with the laws of other nations, or that the Site or any part thereof is appropriate or available for use in any particular jurisdiction. Those who choose to access the Site do so on their own initiative and at their own risk, and are responsible for complying with all local laws, rules and regulations. By using this Site, visitors from outside of the United States of America acknowledge this Site is subject to the laws and regulations of the United States of America, and waive any claims that may arise under their own national laws.
1. What Information We Collect
Fans First Coalition gathers two basic types of information through the Site: “Personally Identifiable Information” (or “PII”) and “Non-Personally Identifiable Information” (or “Non-PII”). PII is information that identifies or can identify you as an individual (such as residential address, telephone number, or billing information) and Non-PII is aggregated information, demographic information, IP addresses and any other information that does not reveal your specific identity.
a. Non-Personally Identifiable Information. When you visit and interact with the Site, Fans First Coalition and third parties with whom Fans First Coalition has contracted to provide services to Fans First Coalition may collect Non-PII (for example, a catalog of the Site pages you visit). Non-PII is anonymous and does not identify you personally. Non-PII is generally collected through the Site from four different sources: Internet protocol addresses and web logs; cookies; pixel tags and other similar technologies; and other Non-PII that you voluntarily provide (as explained below).
i. IP Protocol Addresses and Web Logs. This Site’s web servers automatically collect the Internet Protocol (IP) addresses and log files of visitors. Your IP address is an identifying number that is automatically assigned to your computer by your Internet Service Provider (ISP). This number is identified and logged automatically in our server log files whenever you visit the Site, along with the time(s) of your visit(s) and the page(s) that you visited. This information is collected in an aggregate form only and does not contain any PII. We use your IP address, and the IP addresses of all users, for purposes such as calculating Site usage levels, helping diagnose problems with the Site’s servers, and administering the Site. Collecting IP addresses is standard practice on the Internet and is done automatically by many websites. In addition to the Non-PII usage of IP Addresses described above we also may link your IP address to personally identifiable information for fraud prevention purposes.
iii. Pixel Tags. We and our service providers may also use so-called “pixel tags,” “web beacons,” “clear GIFs” or similar means (collectively, “Pixel Tags”) in connection with some Site pages and HTML-formatted email messages to track your use of our website in order to provide you with more useful information and a more personalized experience the next time you visit. A Pixel Tag is an electronic image, often a single pixel (1×1), that is ordinarily not visible to Site visitors and may be associated with cookies on the visitors’ hard drives. Pixel Tags do not contain any PII and allow us to count users who have visited certain pages of the Site, to deliver branded services, and to help determine the effectiveness of promotional or advertising campaigns. When used in HTML-formatted email messages, Pixel Tags can tell the sender whether and when an email has been opened.
2. How Information We Collect Is Used
We know it is very important to protect the information you share with us. We take appropriate security measures to help safeguard this information from unauthorized access and disclosure. For example, only authorized employees are permitted to access your personal information, and they may do so only for limited reasons. We also encrypt sensitive information before it is sent from your computer to ours, and use firewalls to help prevent unauthorized access to your personal information.
You should feel confident using our website. However, no system can be completely secure. Although we take very significant steps to secure your information, there is always a chance that your information will not always remain secure, and you should always take great care in handling and disclosing your personal information. For example, avoid sending personal information through insecure email. Please refer to the Federal Trade Commission’s website at http://www.ftc.gov/bcp/menus/consumer/data.shtm for information about how to protect yourself against identity theft.
a. Non-Personally Identifiable Information. Because Non-PII does not personally identify you, we may use such information for any purpose. For example, we may use Non-PII to measure the number of visits, average time spent on the Site and pages viewed as well as to diagnose problems with our servers and to administer the Site. We may then use this information to analyze and improve the features and functionality of this Site. We may use non-PII information about you and other Site visitors to sell and deliver advertising, promotions and content that we believe will be of interest to you.
In addition, we reserve the right to share such Non-PII, which does not personally identify you, with third parties, for any purpose. For example, we may share information with advertisers or other third parties that are not part of the Fans First Coalition family on an aggregate or other basis that does not disclose any of your PII.
In some instances, we may combine Non-PII with PII (such as embedding email addresses in cookies). If we do combine any Non-PII with PII, the combined information will be treated as PII. This “combined” PII is not shared with third parties, except as described in this Policy.
b. Personally Identifiable Information
i. Site. We may use PII you give us to better tailor your website experience to your interests, to show you content in which you may be interested and to display the content according to your preferences.
ii. Communications. Unless you opt out, we may use your PII to send you information about Fans First Coalition and its service. If at any time you change your mind and prefer to no longer receive such marketing communications from us, please see the “Opt-Out Policy” section below.
iv. Fulfillment of Requests. Fans First Coalition may use your PII to fulfill the purpose for which such PII was provided (e.g., to confirm your registration or fulfill your purchase).
v. Facilitation of Transactions. Forms on the Site may sometimes be pre-populated with your PII in order to facilitate a transaction between you and Fans First Coalition.
vi. Internal Business Purposes. We may also use your PII for our internal business purposes, such as to target advertising, for data analysis, for audits, for fraud prevention and for other internal purposes.
viii. Email This to a Friend. The Site may allow you to forward certain items posted on Site or links to Site features by email to other parties who you believe may be interested. If you wish to use this feature, you may provide us with such other party’s email address so that we can facilitate your sending of such message to such other party. To do so, any PII you provide in connection with sending such other party the message, such as your name and your email address, will, of course, be disclosed to such other party. While, due to technical restrictions, the recipient’s email address may be retained in our log files, we do not knowingly share it with third parties and we do not use this PII for any purpose except to send this message (unless the recipient has already consented to such use of his/her PII).
3. How Personally Identifiable Information We Collect Is Disclosed
a. Affiliate and Third Party Communications. Fans First Coalition does not share information with organizations other than its own associates, and does not sell its subscriber information.
b. Fans First Coalition Service Providers. We work with third parties who provide services including but not limited to data analysis and other services of an administrative nature. If you use our services, we reserve the right to share your PII with such third parties for the purpose of enabling these third parties to provide such services. We take reasonable steps to ensure these third parties treat PII in a manner comparable to how we do so.
In the event that you encounter any Site user who you believe is improperly collecting or using information about you or other users, please contact us at email@example.com.
e. Other Purposes. We also may disclose your information:
- In response to a subpoena or similar investigative demand, a court order, or a request for cooperation from law enforcement or another government agency; to establish or exercise our legal rights; to defend against legal claims; or as otherwise required by law. In such cases, we may raise or waive any legal objection or right available to us.
- When we believe disclosure is appropriate in connection with efforts to investigate, prevent, or take other action regarding illegal activity, suspected fraud or other wrongdoing; to protect and defend the rights, property or safety of our company, our users, our employees, or others; to comply with applicable law or cooperate with law enforcement; or to enforce our website terms and conditions or other agreements or policies.
- In connection with a substantial corporate transaction, such as the reorganization or sale of our business, a divestiture, merger, consolidation or asset sale, or in the unlikely event of bankruptcy.
4. Collection of Information By Third Parties
a. Third Party Advertising. Ads that may appear on this Site are delivered to you by third party advertisers. In the course of serving advertisements to this Site, a third-party advertiser may place or recognize a unique cookie on your browser. Non-PII about your visits to this Site, such as number of times you have viewed an ad, is used to serve ads to you. Some of these third parties may be advertising networks that are members of the Network Advertising Initiative, which offers a website to opt out of ad targeting from several advertising companies (www.networkadvertising.org).
5. Opt-Out Policy
a. Fans First Coalition Communications. When you supply Fans First Coalition with PII, from time-to-time, in Fans First Coalition’s discretion, you may be asked to indicate whether you are interested in receiving information from us. Unless you opt out to receive such communications, we may, from time to time, send you marketing communications.
At any time, you can choose to no longer receive commercial emails from us by clicking on the link at the bottom of the email that says “unsubscribe.” It may take up to 10 days for us to process an opt-out request.
Even if you have unsubscribed from receiving promotional emails from us, we may send you other types of important e-mail communications without offering you the opportunity to opt out of receiving them. These may include administrative notices and surveys.
Please note that opting out of receiving promotional email communications will affect only future communications from us.
7. Accessing, Updating or Deleting Information Collected About You.
Fans First Coalition also gives you the opportunity to modify or remove PII that you have provided to us. You may do so by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We will respond to your changes as soon as reasonably possible. Please note that this information may remain stored indefinitely in our backup and archival records. To the extent that such information is not stored in our databases, we cannot always ensure that these corrections or deletions will reach such other databases in a timely manner.
8. Security of Your PII. Fans First Coalition employs reasonable security measures consistent with standard industry practice, for PII collected through this Site, including physical, electronic and operational measures to maintain security and prevent unauthorized access. While Fans First Coalition takes all appropriate steps to safeguard PII under our control, unfortunately, no data transmission over the Internet or method of storing data can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. As such, we cannot guarantee that PII supplied by users will not be accessed on our servers, or intercepted while being transmitted to us over the Internet. We assume no liability for any damages you may suffer as a result of interception, alteration or misuse of information during such transfers. If you have reason to believe that there has been any breach of the security of the Site, please contact us at email@example.com.
10. Contacting Fans First Coalition Regarding this Site. If you have any questions concerning this Policy, you may send them by email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please note that email communications will not necessarily be secure; accordingly you should not include credit card information or other sensitive information in your email correspondence with us. You must send any official correspondence via postal mail to:
Fans First Coalition
P.O. Box 3423
Arlington, VA 22203
11. Your California Privacy Rights. If you are a California resident, you have the right to request information about how we share certain categories of personal information with third parties. California law gives you the right to send us a request at a designated address to receive the following information:
- the categories of information we disclosed to third parties for their direct marketing purposes during the preceding calendar year;
- the names and addresses of the third parties that received that information; and
- if the nature of the third party’s business cannot be determined from their name, examples of the products or services marketed.
We may provide this information in a standard format that is not specific to you. The designated email address for these requests is email@example.com.
Thanks again for visiting the Fans First Coalition!